Under the Primary PE & Sport funding initiative, in 2018/19 we will receive just over £16000 to improve PE and sport in our school. The impact of the funding must be considered in terms of:
- delivery of high quality PE lessons
- participation and success in competitive school sport
- a broader range of activities on offer
- personal health and well-being of pupils
- promoting pupil activity through involvement in organised games at breaks and lunchtime.
- improved attitudes and behaviour towards learning
We propose to spend this money in the following ways:
- Supporting the PE subject leader to achieve the Sainsbury’s Active Schools Kite mark by focusing upon the establishment of inter and intra school competitions. Also to run lunchtime and after school sports/activity clubs.
- Employing local coaches / mentors to provide multi sport activities both during the school day and in after-school clubs.
- Specialist coaching for tennis, gymnastics, dance, football and rugby across the school.
- To support the development of inter-school competitions at all levels within the school.
- To supplement transport costs to allow pupils to participate in a range of sporting competitions around the local area and county.
- Examine the potential of employing a qualified sports coach on staff to develop physical activity and emotional well-being of children.
- Link with Northumbria University to develop sport leadership and mentoring across the school and the wider partnership.
We will regularly monitor the impact of our spending and may adjust the activities we provide accordingly. The impact of these activities will be continually monitored.
Due to the impact of the Covid pandemic it has been impossible to judge the planned Sports Premium expenditure against agreed criteria (i.e. school performance data, pupil progress data, etc). The profile of Sports Premium needs and physical well-being within the school changed dramatically during the lock down, as a result the school expenditure changed to reflect the developing needs of those children, therefore the planned Sports Premium expenditure has been altered.
The school is recording all expenditure changes and will report fully when appropriate to do so during the academic year 2020-21.
If you require any further assistance in relation to Sports Premium expenditure please contact the school on 01289 306170 and arrange a time to meet with the Sports Premium Lead.
To view our Sports Funding Plans and Reviews of previous initiatives, please click the link below: