On-line resources and suggestions for home learning
To support families who have had to self-isolate during the Covid-19 outbreak, we will be providing a range of on-line resources to help continue the children’s learning and hopefully reduce some of the anxiety these exceptional circumstances are creating.
We will be updating the links as we find more so please check the site regularly.
Let us know how you are doing!
All families have access to ‘Tapestry-on-line’ which allows school and home to show via pictures and text how pupils are achieving.
If you don’t please contact the school office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include:
- your full name,
- the name of your child,
- their date of birth,
- confirmation of the email you want to access Tapestry.
Teachers will be checking daily to see if anyone has added to their on line journal to see how the children are getting on. We may also be providing additional resources through Tapestry, so please make sure you are logged on to get any new email alerts when they arrive.
Key Stage 1
- Spellings: https://www.spellzone.com/curriculum/national-curriculum/year-1.cfm 0r https://www.spellzone.com/curriculum/national-curriculum/year-2.cfm
- Grammar games: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/z8mxrwx
- Grammar activities: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zrqqtfr
- Phonics activities: https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/InteractiveResources.html
- Grammar games: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/5-7-years/words-and-spelling
- Literacy games: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zgkw2hv
- Literacy Quizes: https://www.educationquizzes.com/k
Key Stage 2
- Spellzone website – Curriculum lists – Years 3 & 4 There are a selection of word lists and games including ‘Bouncing anagrams’ and ‘Which witch’ – https://www.spellzone.com/curriculum/national-curriculum/years-3-4.cfm
- Crystal Explorers – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zkbkf4j/articles/zbm8scw
- SPAG practice – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zhrrd2p
- A selection of spelling and grammar games for KS2 – https://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/7-11-years/spelling-and-grammar
- Quizzes for different word classes – https://www.educationquizzes.com/ks2/english/adjectives-01/
Key Stage 1
Numeracy activities – https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/daily10
Money games – https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/5-7-years/money
Counting with tens and ones – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/z8sfr82/articles/zw4g2nb
Online Numeracy Games – https://www.topmarks.co.uk/
Online videos to support Numeracy – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zjxhfg8
Selection of Quizzes linked to Numeracy – https://www.educationquizzes.com/ks1/
Key Stage 2
- TTRockstars (the children will require their login for this, they have been sent home previously but please let us know if further logins are required) – https://play.ttrockstars.com/
- Defenders of Mathematica – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zd2f7nb/articles/zn2y7nb
- Daily 10 Mental Maths practice – choose level – calculation – duration – https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/daily10
- BBC Super movers times table songs – https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers/ks2-maths-collection/z7frpg8
- Activity sheets for further practice including drawing graphs – https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/kids-activities/fun-maths-games-and-activities/
Key Stage 1
- Grace Darling story: https://rnli.org/magazine/magazine-featured-list/2019/november/the-story-of-grace-darling
- Grace Darling re-enactment of the story: https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/class-clips-video/true-stories-grace-darling/z4y7pg8
- How to draw a self-portrait: https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/class-clips-video/how-to-draw-a-portrait/zk28qp3
- Selection of Quizzes linked to Science, Geography, History etc: https://www.educationquizzes.com/ks1/