On-line resources and suggestions for home learning
To support families who have had to self-isolate during the Covid-19 outbreak, we will be providing a range of on-line resources to help continue the children’s learning and hopefully reduce some of the anxiety these exceptional circumstances are creating.
We will be updating the links as we find more so please check the site regularly.
let Us Know What You Have Been Doing!
All families have access to ‘Tapestry-on-line’ which allows school and home to show via pictures and text how pupils are achieving.
If you don’t please contact the school office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include:
- your full name,
- the name of your child,
- their date of birth,
- confirmation of the email you want to access Tapestry.
Teachers will be checking daily to see if anyone has added to their on line journal to see how the children are getting on. We may also be providing additional resources through Tapestry, so please make sure you are logged on to get any new email alerts when they arrive.
Useful links for keeping children safe on-line
- Internet matters – for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Net-aware – for support for parents and careers from the NSPCC
- Parent info – for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Thinkuknow – for advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online
- UK Safer Internet Centre – advice for parents and carers
- What parents need to know about the Houseparty App.
Family support links
- Children’s Guide to Coronavirus – Children’s Commissioner
- Northumberland County Council: Coronavirus: Supporting Young People Padlet
- How to look after your family’s mental health when you’re stuck indoors – Parentzone
- Guidance for parents and carers on supporting young people’s mental health and wellbeing during the coronavirus outbreak.
- A story to help explain to children about Coronavirus
- What’s Going On – Explaining Coronavirus to younger children.
- How to talk to your child about Coronavirus.
- National Association of school Psychologists: Helping Children Cope With Changes Resulting From COVID-19
The first 3 links are supplied by the Department of Education and Northumberland County Council. These links are updated regualrly with some of the best free educational resources available during this crisi, so please take time to explore them, we are sure you will find something of use.
- DFE – List of Online Learning Resources for Home Learning
- Home Learning Ideas from Northumberland’s School Improvement Team
- Northumberland Early Years Learning Resources
Literacy Key Stage 1
- Spellings: https://www.spellzone.com/curriculum/national-curriculum/year-1.cfm 0r https://www.spellzone.com/curriculum/national-curriculum/year-2.cfm
- Grammar games: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/z8mxrwx
- Grammar activities: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zrqqtfr
- Phonics activities: https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/InteractiveResources.html
- Grammar games: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/5-7-years/words-and-spelling
- Literacy games: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zgkw2hv
- Literacy Quizes: https://www.educationquizzes.com/k
Literacy Key Stage 2
- Spellzone website – Curriculum lists – Years 3 & 4 There are a selection of word lists and games including ‘Bouncing anagrams’ and ‘Which witch’ – https://www.spellzone.com/curriculum/national-curriculum/years-3-4.cfm
- Crystal Explorers – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zkbkf4j/articles/zbm8scw
- SPAG practice – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zhrrd2p
- A selection of spelling and grammar games for KS2 – https://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/7-11-years/spelling-and-grammar
- Quizzes for different word classes – https://www.educationquizzes.com/ks2/english/adjectives-01/
Numeracy Key Stage 1
- Numeracy activities – https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/daily10
- Money games – https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/5-7-years/money
- Counting with tens and ones – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/z8sfr82/articles/zw4g2nb
- Online Numeracy Games – https://www.topmarks.co.uk/
- Online videos to support Numeracy – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zjxhfg8
- Selection of Quizzes linked to Numeracy – https://www.educationquizzes.com/ks1/
Numeracy Key Stage 2
- TTRockstars (the children will require their login for this, they have been sent home previously but please let us know if further logins are required) – https://play.ttrockstars.com/
- Defenders of Mathematica – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zd2f7nb/articles/zn2y7nb
- Daily 10 Mental Maths practice – choose level – calculation – duration – https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/daily10
- BBC Super movers times table songs – https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers/ks2-maths-collection/z7frpg8
- Activity sheets for further practice including drawing graphs – https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/kids-activities/fun-maths-games-and-activities/
- Grace Darling story: https://rnli.org/magazine/magazine-featured-list/2019/november/the-story-of-grace-darling
- Grace Darling re-enactment of the story: https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/class-clips-video/true-stories-grace-darling/z4y7pg8
- How to draw a self-portrait: https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/class-clips-video/how-to-draw-a-portrait/zk28qp3
- Selection of Quizzes linked to Science, Geography, History etc: https://www.educationquizzes.com/ks1/
Fun activities through the church.
- Please follow this link to see ar ange of activities recommended by our Church, click the link!