“As we are the oldest children in school we have lots of responsibilities, we help as part of the lunchtime crew and playground buddies, but most importantly we are the role models for everyone else in school. This means we have to work hard all the time to show how to use our Christian Core Values to make the most of our opportunities. Miss Murray is always doing something different in our class, so lessons are never boring.”
Year 4 School Councillors
- 17 children.
- 1 teacher Miss Pearson
- A focus on a skill based curriculum to demonstrate the children’s knowledge in their learning.
- Outdoor learning and art is a focus of the curriculum in the class, as is inquiry based learning.
- Helping the teachers make St Mary’s a good school, such as Lunchtime crew and Playground buddies.
- Outdoor learning, especially working with the younger children
- Learning challenges, when we have to research topics to find an answer.
- Helping the younger children as reading buddies.
- We love to go on visits or have visitors come into school to teach us new things.
- Conservation work, Miss Pearson has shown us how to be ‘Global Citizens’
Our favourite things
- Learning challenges.
- Outdoor learning - gardening.
- Lunchtime Crew and Reading Buddies
- Visits and visitors
- Messy art with Miss Murray.
- Sport with Mr Moor